How does God WOW you?

Tuesday 29 May 2007

I think after Christ, my biggest passion is travelling and thankfully Ive been able to do plenty of that over the years. On Saturday night my friend and I were sitting looking up at the Eiffel Tower (as you do on a Saturday night) and surrounded my thousands of people from all over the world who had clearly travelled to see this sight. She turned to me and asked 'What do you think?'. The typical response would have been 'this is class' but yes even though I tought the Tower was big, it was well constructed, it looked amazing at night when it lit up and sparkled, I wasn't WOWed!

You can argue but I believe that being WOWed is when your heart skips a beat, when you think 'is this real?' and then realise it is, when all around is blaaahhh and all of a sudden out of no where God blesses you.

God WOW's me through His people and His world. I've realised as I've travelled that God chooses to speak to me through the folk I meet and the natural beauty I've seen in mountains and sunsets.I dont have to travel to the other side of the world for this to happen! I hear kids in my class talk about God and I sit back, smile and think 'wow, thank you God for letting me hear that today', I lived with a lady who was blind and going through chemo for the 4th time and never once did I hear her complain and I always thought 'wow, God you blessed me by putting me in her family', I stand in the middle of you guys at 2020 during worship and think 'wow, God these kids love you', and I get texts, notes and emails from you girls and again think 'wow, thats exactly what I needed to hear right now, thank you God.'

One of the most memorable times in my life when God WOWed me was the Winter Retreat. I was WOWed by your attitude, your maturity, your fun, your openness, your faith and your witness. You guys blow me away, and God has such BIG plans for every single one of you. God WOW's each one of us differently, in His own wee way!

How does God WOW you?

Posted by Kate Hanna at 15:06  

2 comments:

Great to welcome you as a contributor to this blog Kate! I thought you told me you had no thoughts worth sharing?! I agree with you, I've been to some of the biggest tourist sites in the world and sometimes they ain't all they cracked up to be! I was dissapointed when i visited Lake Garda and i expected to be more WOWED by the Colosseum in Rome. Often things that WOW me are simple things like sunsets, beaches and mountains. I've also experienced major WOW moments in concerts like U2 at Croke Park.

Neil Harrison said...
29 May 2007 at 19:17  

like at big concerts when the artists stops playing, or plays really softly, and the crowd sing on, yep thats hairs on the back of your neck stuff!

Anonymous said...
31 May 2007 at 09:15  

Post a Comment