Cheeky Monkey but Amazing Grace!!

Thursday 27 September 2007


Hi everyone, hope you like the photo of the naughtiest little boy I know, who also happened to break my heart completely this month by daring to grow up and be big enough for school. It made me sad because I love and miss him, yet on Sunday morning I was sad too, as I had to take him out of church for being bold…VERY bold!! But it’s forgotten as my missing him and love for him, far outweigh any frustration I might have had at his disobedience. That’s how it goes. It gives me a tiny glimpse of God’s AMAZING grace towards me and of course all of you too. We do so many rotten things which sadden God, but as the Bible promises, his love for us is far beyond what we can humanly comprehend and that love is constantly forgiving, accepting, nurturing and calling us.

You know the friendships where you can completely be yourself and trust that your mate truly cares you? Well that’s how it is with God except in a much much greater way. When you believe that God desires your heart and loves YOU unconditionally…it changes you. What sort of mummy would I be if I didn’t give Zack a cuddle goodnight, even though I had had to tell him off beforehand? It just wouldn’t happen and God, as our Father, PROMISES to forgive us when we turn to him. No matter how ugly or rotten the thing we have done/said/thought, He will be merciful!

Remember that today and don’t stay away from God because you feel you aren’t ‘good enough’ for him. None of us are without Jesus, yet Satan will lie and tell you God won’t accept you and love you…everybody else yes, but not you. That’s clearly not what the Bible says and it must hurt God when we believe that lie, instead of receiving his life-giving love. Believe Him and accept His immeasurable love!!!

God bless you and bring on Friday night!!

Love Jen xox

Posted by Jenny Hall at 14:58  

0 comments:

Post a Comment