Thanking God for Shatterproof Glass. . .

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Have you ever done something really stupid only to later sit back and wonder why you did it? To recollect the events only to find that you can provide no explanation as to why you took a certain course of action? Perhaps this is a common feeling for some of us, but not for me. However, as of last week I can now be counted part of the club!

Why? Because last week, in a moment of blind stupidity, I ran full smack into a window. I was in a cafe and in such a rush to get outside I must have decided that the door was clearly not an option. The clever man goes for the window instead!! Now in my defense the window was very clean, and one could easily have not realised that it was glass and not air in that gap! Like I said, I have often tried to explain what went on in my head, but I can't - it's just one of those things I suppose! The bonus is, since I broke the window, no one else will be running through it anytime soon!

But anyway, as I lay there half embarrassed to death and with concussion probably making up the rest, a thought came over me! Despite what's just happened I should thank God for small mercies:
- I had legs which enabled me to run, even into a window
- Had I required it, there was a hospital 2 minutes down the road
- I had friends around me who took care of me (while laughing hysterically I should add)
- I went home and had a bed to lie on

So next time you're stuck outside in the rain, Thank God that we have enough water. The next time you complain about homework, Thank God that you can go to school. And should the unfortunate happen to you and you run into a window, say thanks to God for all the many things you still enjoy, and perhaps most especially, the gift of Shatterproof Glass. . .

Posted by Chris Thompson at 11:52  

1 comments:

Chris, i have done exactly the same thing although i was less than 10 at the time! I had a huge bump on my forehead but i did not smash the glass! Some very good points in your article. We should all be thankful for what we have been given by Him.

Anonymous said...
3 November 2007 at 11:31  

Post a Comment