Oh how I missed you all on Friday night. . .

Wednesday 21 March 2007



Hello all! I'm sure you all know that some of us leaders were away over the weekend at an event called 'NUA' (which means 'new') We were down in sunny Co. Mayo, and on Saturday watched Ireland fail in the rugby at the very last hurdle - oh it brought tears to my eyes!

Anyways, first thing to say is: how much I missed 2020 on Friday! I had an amazing weekend, but somehow missing all you guys and the craic from you all left a little hole in my heart! I look forward to coming down on Friday nights throughout the week and I know that the rest of the leaders feel the same! Hopefully you all have the same sense of 'Roll on Friday' as we all do!

Secondly, I thought I'd impart some wisdom that I have been thinking about this week! At the weekend there we learnt lots of new worship songs (hopefully they'll make their way to the 2020 scene soon!). One of them went like this:

'You are the everlasting God
Everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary!'

It's based on Psalm 40 v 28 (go have a read of it). Isn't it encouraging though to know that even when we grow tired of life, and sometimes even tired of faith, and weary from the busy-ness of it all, that God himself, who is everlasting, never grows tired of us, of loving us, of desiring to know us! Isn't that awesome!

So next time you grow tired and weary of school, of life, or work etc, just remember that those who trust in the Lord "shall run and not grow weary"!! Renew your strength with God and you can rise on wings like eagles. . .

Hope school is not too much work ( it is Wednesday night and I have 1 more hour of class this week!!!) Cya Friday!!

Chris xoxoxoxoxox (see Jenny!!)

Posted by Chris Thompson at 23:02  

0 comments:

Post a Comment