Where are your altars?

Monday 12 March 2007

I was reading Exodus 20 last week and verse 24b says this:

'Build altars in the places where i remind you of who i am, and i will come and bless you there.'
It's one of those verses that caused me to stop and think for a moment. Where are the places that i am reminded of who God is? Where are my altars? For me these are mostly places of great beauty and tranquility where i am reminded of our Creator God and all that he has done for me. Oxford Island would be one, the Mournes another. White Park Bay is also a favourite. Ive built a few altars in Castlewellan Park down through the years too as a place where i have connected with God and He has blessed me. Most recently i had a God moment in Donegal, late at night on a isolated beach sitting around a camp fire with a group of young people sharing life.

I need places like this in my life where i can go and be reminded of who God is and be blessed by Him there.

What about you? Where are the places that God reminds you of who He is? Where have you built altars and experienced His blessing? I can't wait to hear your comments.

Posted by Neil Harrison at 09:48  

0 comments:

Post a Comment